Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wandering...

For the past few months, I feel like I'm flitting to and fro in a mysterious landscape full of inspiration. Wild, fervent inspiration that only lasts a few minutes and then burns out in a spectacular flame.

I can't even finish the sketch before the vision is gone. A few hours later, I come upon another mind-numbing inspiring thought... try to capture her, but then she disappears before I can even find a pencil.

Why can I not find a bleeding pencil!? I need to buy a bucketload and have them available absolutely everywhere.

So, I haven't finished anything worthwhile in months.

Most of the time these days I can't even draw. My skill eludes me. I don't know what's going on.

How long do I have to say in this strange place, I wonder?  Why am I full of thoughts I can't express?

It's terribly, horribly frustrating. I'm not sure when I'll find a cure.


2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, it's indeed frustrating .... Just keep trying, keep sketching or drawing or painting, even if you don't feel like it. It'll come back ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, you're into that zone too! I don't know what is the answer to that. Sometimes you just have to wait and not do muri. I've been finding with poetry that recording my flashes of inspiration in a different medium than usual helps (on unlined paper instead of lined, on my iPod notes, etc.). Or, an exercise that is supposed to help break writer's block by taking the pressure off, is to write the worst possible sentence you can come up with. Do you think that would help with art?

    ReplyDelete